Position: Director of Store Operations
Location: Dallas or Tyler TX
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Reports To: CEO
ABOUT BLUE DIAMOND DISTRIBUTING, LP
Blue Diamond Distributing, LP and Blue Diamond Stores, LLC are forming entities that will be engaged in the wholesale distribution of petroleum products through the ownership and operation of convenience stores. The company is headquartered in Dallas TX with store operations throughout East Texas. Blue Diamond will be aggressively engaged in the acquisition of c-stores, and as a result, we are looking for outstanding individuals to join our leadership team.
The Director of Store Operations will be responsible for and provide oversight for the day to day store operations for convenience stores owned and operated by Blue Diamond Stores, LLC. The Director will provide leadership to store managers in ensuring excellent customer service to our customers, managing inventory and inventory shrinkage, and store security. Additionally, the Director will manage the P&L down to the store level; work within budget and forecasts developed in conjunction with the executive team and recommend and oversee the implementation of strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will oversee directly multiple regional and store managers and indirectly store operating staff
- Ensure exceptional customer service at each store.
- In conjunction with the finance team and executive leadership, develop, maintain and monitor the annual operating budget for each store.
- Manage each store’s budget and P&L statements
- In conjunction with executive leadership, develop and oversee forecasting for store operations and strategic initiatives
- Make recommendations to senior leadership on inventory management, product pricing and margins, loss/shrinkage management and other strategic operational issues. Effectively implement recommendations approved by senior leadership.
- Manage, coach and develop store managers and staff in best practices for store operations that will lead to store profitability and staff growth.
- Develop all operating procedures for store operations through collaboration with the support team; update procedures regularly to align with changing company needs due to growth and management requirements.
- Actively participate in corporate initiatives that enhance the communities in which the Blue Diamond Companies operate. Make recommendations to the senior leadership team and actively participate in the implementation of community/market initiatives so the Blue Diamond Companices positively impact the communities we serve.
- Effectively communicate store performance and make data-driven recommendations and decisions for improving staff performance; product, category, and store profitability; store inventory/product mix and market needs.
- Participate with other members of the executive leadership team and the Project Manager, Systems Installation in the setup and ongoing maintenance of the ERP system, particularly POS, price book, store reporting, and other direct-store related components.
- Must be a tactical leader with a strategic mindset
- Solid command of all retail operational disciplines
- Experience managing a P&L Statement in excess of $50M plus
- Self-directed individual, yet able to work in an environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Highly developed and disciplined in work ethic, accountability, and follow-through.
- Ability to manage, lead and develop all operational staff.
- A team player, able to effectively interact with all aspects of the business including internal and external customers as well as community leaders.
- Solid financial and analytical skills including sound business judgment.
- Proactive and decisive leader for the business with excellent communication skills.
- Focus on growing the business while managing the business
- A passionate advocate for Customer Service and continuous improvement
- Leads support team to maximize operational discipline, create a strong sales culture and deliver a sustainable store operating model
- Builds a sustainable operating platform that enables streamlined corporate to retail communication and implementation
- Collaborates with others regarding new standard needs; develops recommendations to leadership on new standards that will drive improvements in productivity, decreased cost, or improved operational results
- Works independently under limited supervision
- Responsible for making moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance stores operating performance
- Provides primary input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance and rewards decisions for direct reports and store staff
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Must have multi-location, (minimum 10 locations) management experience of 24-hour convenience store operations
- A minimum of 5 years of retail management, preferably with convenience stores
- Solid command of all retail operational disciplines
- Experience managing P&L Statement
- Master of multi-tasking
- Effective User of Microsoft Office Products
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Travel is required, primarily between stores
How to Apply
To apply for the Director of Store Operations role, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Include the Job Description – Blue Diamond in the subject line. In your cover letter or email include your salary expectations.
Distributing, LP is a drug-free workplace.
As part of the screening and onboarding process, all applicants will be
subject to drug and background screenings.
Blue Diamond Distributing, LP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.