BLUE DIAMOND DISTRIBUTING, LP
Position: Director of Human Capital Management
Location: Dallas TX
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Reports To: CEO
ABOUT BLUE DIAMOND DISTRIBUTING, LP
Blue Diamond Distributing, LP and Blue Diamond Stores, LLC are forming entities that will be engaged in the wholesale distribution of petroleum products through the ownership and operation of convenience stores. The company is headquartered in Dallas TX with store operations in East Texas. Blue Diamond will be aggressively engaged in the acquisition of c-stores, and as a result, we are looking for outstanding individuals to join our leadership team.
The Director of Human Capital Management is responsible for the human capital management operations of the company, to include talent acquisition, team member engagement, payroll, benefits, strategy, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the team member experience and Corporate Culture of Blue Diamond Stores, LLC, and ensure that HR functions comply with federal, state and local laws. The person will also drive company culture, values and policies throughout the organization. This position is critical to Blue Diamond Stores, LLC; the Director of Human Capital Management enhances the experience of team members and ultimately impacts the revenue and profitability of the company.
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT ADMINISTRATION
- Provide leadership to the development, structure and ongoing functions of the Human Capital Management Organization.
- Create, maintain, update as needed, and ensure compliance with company policies surrounding, recruiting, hiring and day-to-day management including, discrimination, harassment, diversity, discipline, compensation, and other policies for Blue Diamond staff with respect to human capital management functions.
- Create updates Blue Diamond employee handbook on an annual basis; ensure each Blue Diamond receives a copy of the employee handbook and a review of critical company policies and procedures are review.
- Periodically provide training to the executive and operational leadership with respect to federal, state, and local laws, as well as company policies and requirements including compliance and harassment training for all corporate employees.
- Timely provide regulatory reports to federal, state and local agencies including workforce reporting, payroll reporting, in conjunction with the financial leadership.
- Participate in meetings with members of the executive leadership team and provide leadership and guidance with respect to strategic growth, management of critical operational and legal challenges and other topics that may arise in the operation of the company.
- Continuously stay abreast of trends in human capital management administration and management, as well as the petroleum marketing, and convenience store operations industry.
- Ensure the Blue Diamond companies effectively and efficiently operate within the regulatory, and best practices with respect to human capital management.
- Respond to request for information, operational support, human capital management, legal and investor request as need or as may be redirected by the chief executive.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding the personal information of Blue Diamond staff, company operations and plan.
- Serve as an advisor, resource to the management and leadership team by assisting in developing, interpreting, and administering federal, state, local, and company policies and procedures.
- Serve as a resource to the Blue Diamond staff in general by responding to questions regarding, employment, payroll & benefits, company policies, and procedures.
- Use data to aid the executive leadership team to make strategic company decisions.
- Make recommendations and provide for support for additions to the staff of the Human Capital Management Team.
- Some travel may be required
RECRUITING, HIRING, ONBOARDING & TERMINATION
- Coordinate with operational and administrative leadership to understand current and future staffing needs.
- Post and maintain position descriptions on appropriate internal and external sites; source, recruit, and screen prospective staff to ensure a constant pool of candidates for Blue Diamond Companies open positions.
- Track applicants to ensure all candidate are handled courteously and professionally during the recruitment, interviewing, administering assessments, and onboarding processes.
- Conduct reference checks, background checks, drug screenings, and other onboarding processing on potential candidates; Make recommendations to company hiring managers
- Performing in-person and phone interviews with candidates either as a secondary screener or in conjunction with hiring managers.
- Coordinating interviews with the hiring managers; follow-up on the interview status.
- Manage relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved.
- Ensure employee orientation is completed within 48 hours of the start for each employee. At the discretion of the Director of Human Capital Management, Employee Orientation may be delegated to the hiring manager.
- Be an ambassador for the Blue Diamond Companies effectively communicating information regarding the company’s business, mission, values, and benefits to employee candidates, employment agencies, colleges, community organization, industry associations, and others.
- Serve as an advisor and resource for the leadership team supporting the process and procedures for termination of Blue Diamond stuff, when necessary; conduct exit interviews for corporate employees and store management.
- Provide leadership to the IT team in the selection, implantation, and maintenance of the HRIS module of the ERP system.
- Recommends and reviews new systems and processes and provides input for maintenance and upgrades.
- Ensures the HRIS meets federal, state and local regulatory compliance as well as SOX compliance.
- Working knowledge of common HRIS systems (ADP, PeopleMatter/ATS, etc.)
PAYROLL & EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Develop a comprehensive benefit plan for Blue Diamond Companies that follow federal, state and local requirements.
- Recommend all strategic human capital management vendors and carriers for payroll, benefits, 401k, applicant tracking and wellness; in conjunction with the executive leadership team implement new or changes in the benefits that will be provided by Blue Diamond companies.
- Stay abreast of changes in the regulatory environment relating to healthcare or other benefits Blue Diamond companies may offer; anticipates future changes to benefits or initiatives and communicates potential impact and solutions to the leadership team.
- Develops wellness strategy for Blue Diamond Stores, LLC.
- Negotiates benefits, ensuring the company offers quality programs within budget on an annual basis.
- Reviews annual bonus plan; adjusts targets and ensures execution of plan follows communicated goals and stays within predefined budgets.
- Analyzes compensation ranges for similar size/revenue companies and builds and validates pay bands on an annual basis.
- Develops and maintains a human capital management budget on an annual basis; provides explanations and makes adjustments for variances to the budget, when required.
- Complete or supervise the completion of Federal and State reporting requirements (including EEO1, 5500, 401k audits, new hire reporting, and quarterly filing) and other reports required by government regulation on an annual basis.
- On an ad hoc basis, provide executive leadership reports regarding, human capital management budget vs expense, employee turnover, financial and staffing forecasts or other information as may be requested by the executive leadership team.
- Actively participate in corporate initiatives that enhance the communities in which the Blue Diamond Companies operate. Make recommendations to the senior leadership team and actively participate in the implementation of community/market initiatives so the Blue Diamond Companices positively impact the communities we serve.
- Identifies risks and brings risk and recommended solutions to the attention of executive leadership.
- Supports the executive leadership team with strategic HR information and special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program is required, preferably in Human Capital Management, Business Management, or related field.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience as a Human Capital Management Generalist or Human Capital Manager is required— experience in a multi-unit retail or restaurant company is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years overall human capital management experience required.
- PHR, SPHR or other equivalent certification preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of general HR including employee relations, recruiting, training and development, benefits, employment law, and compensation in multiple states.
- Working knowledge of common HRIS systems (ADP, PeopleMatter/ATS, etc.)
- Proficient in operating of a personal computer and common software applications such as MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, verbal communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter who works independently and is highly self-motivated; goal-oriented.
- Honest, ethical, dependable, attentive listener; understanding, empathetic, and personable
- A proven leader with strong interpersonal skills, keen to motivate and effectively educate and connect department managers and team members regarding all human capital management matters
- Exhibits tenacity meeting goals and determining solutions to meet business challenges, anticipates and solve problems in a calm and methodical manner.
- Focuses on high priority projects to meet department goals and objectives.
- Strategic thinker; able to anticipate long term impact of emerging trends.
- Proficient group presentation/facilitations skills.
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans and get results.
- Proficient negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Possess project management, complex problem-solving, process skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and effectively.
How to Apply
To apply for the Director of Human Capital Management role, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Job Description – Blue Diamond in the subject line. In your cover letter or email include your salary expectations.
Blue Diamond Distributing, LP provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.