BLUE DIAMOND DISTRIBUTING, LP
Project Manager, Systems Implementation
Location: Dallas TX or Virtual (DOE)
Status: Contract, up to 12 months with additional opportunity contingent upon performance and continued business needs
Reports To: CEO & Controller
ABOUT BLUE DIAMOND DISTRIBUTING, LP
Blue Diamond Distributing, LP and Blue Diamond Stores, LLC are forming entities that will be engaged in the wholesale distribution of refined petroleum products, primarily through the ownership and operation of convenience stores. The company is headquartered in Dallas TX with store operations in East Texas. Blue Diamond will be aggressively engaged in the acquisition of c-stores, and as a result, we are looking for outstanding individuals to join our leadership team.
The Project Manager, Systems Implementation – In consultation with the CEO and the executive leadership team, the PM Systems Implementation will lead the design, development, integration, implementation, and ongoing management of a company-wide ERP system. The ERP system will include but not limited to financial management, HR, POS, inventory, and related inventory-price-book. Additionally, the PM will recommend, design and implement system security protocols, WSP, ISP, hosting options (if required), hardware, additional software and other IT needs.
This is an individual-contributor role; however, company and contract personnel may be used for the implementation of the systems.
- Design, configure and implement an ERP solution that includes the following: financial management modules GL, AP, AR, FA, as well as Inventory Management, POS, and HR.
- Design, develop, implement, and document interfaces and related workflows between ERP system modules to create an effective data management and reporting solution.
- Build strong partnerships with Finance, HR and Operations, software vendors as well as internal functional leaders, and hardware vendors.
- Lead cross-functional business process design sessions and ensure the creation of functional and technical requirements for the ERP system and workflow designs.
- In conjunction with the CEO, develop a project budget, manage budget changes, provide financial forecasts, track actual costs, and provide explanations for variances to the approved budget.
- Prepare project updates/status of the project on a weekly basis to the executive leadership team. Effectively communicate project status, challenges, and expectations; facilitate status meetings with all project stakeholders.
- Utilize best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Manage resource capacity to align with the project initiatives, budget, and within the prescribed timeframe.
- Ensure training materials are completed for the rollout of new business workflows as well as complete project documentation. Collaborate with functional leaders to design, implement and document, daily, weekly, monthly and annual workflows and processes including reporting, and financial/operational period closings.
- Finalize the project by ensuring all necessary close-down and transition steps are taken and documented.
- Coordinate with functional team leaders and vendors to resolve any implementation and production issues or other project requirements.
- Some travel may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Accounting, or related field or equivalent experience is required. CPA/MBA or equivalent experience is preferred. PMP certification is a plus.
- 7+ years Project Management or Support/ Lead experience in SAP, Oracle or other similar platforms is required.
- 5 years of related work experience preferably in the distribution and/or retail, preferably convenience store industry is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience implementing financial management, HR, retail sales or similar systems or operating platforms.
- Minimum 2 years’ end-to-end implementation experience in configuring modules within an ERP system that includes GL, AP, AR, Inventory Management, HR, and POS.
- Hands-on, working experience in the implementation and or management of technical aspects of major modifications to ERP systems including Financial, HR, and Retail Operations modules including designing, testing and implementing interfaces ensuring efficiency in end-to-end processes.
- Experience in the design and implementation of ERP module interfaces and the development of custom reports.
- Must be a self–starter and leader experienced in driving the system requirement into successful deliverables as designed.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Experienced in managing multiple, geographically dispersed vendors through all phases of a project life cycle.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Must have proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Must have an excellent ability to quickly understand an organization’s dynamics, goals, and objectives then incorporate the organization’s culture into project solutions.
- Ability to defuse tension among a project team should it arise.
How to Apply
To apply for the Project Manager System Implementation role, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Job Description – Blue Diamond in the subject line. In your cover letter or email include your compensation expectations.
Blue Diamond Distributing, LP is a drug-free workplace. As part of the screening and onboarding process, all applicants will be subject to drug and background screenings.
Blue Diamond Distributing, LP provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.